Last Updated: September 26, 2023
These Advertising Policies apply to all aspects of advertisements (“ads”) served by Momenti, Inc. (“Momenti”, “we” or “us”) on or through the Momenti platform and related websites, applications, products, services and content (collectively, the “Platform”)––including any creative elements, landing page, or other relevant components of the ads themselves––and you (“You”) are responsible for ensuring that all ads which You create or provide on the Platform comply with these Advertising Policies.
You are also required to comply with Momenti’s Terms of Service (https://momenti.tv/legal-terms) and Community Guidelines (https://momenti.tv/legal-community), and all other Momenti policies governing the use of our Platform, which may be updated from time to time. Any terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings given to them in Momenti’s Terms of Service.
All ads are subject to our review and approval. We reserve the right to reject or remove any ad in our sole discretion for any reason, including in response to user feedback, which we take seriously. We also reserve the right to request modifications to any ad, to require factual substantiation for any claim made in an ad, or to require documents evidencing that You hold any license or authorization which may be required in connection with Your ad. Momenti may suspend or terminate accounts tied to businesses or individuals who violate our Advertising Policies.
Users of the Platform (“Users”) may share ads with others or save ads to their devices. Age-targeted ads can be shared on the Platform with Users of any eligible age. To find out if You can restrict ad sharing and ad saving for Your ads within the Platform, please contact us at ([email protected]).
We may publish information related to ads (including the creative, targeting, paying entity, contact information, and the price paid for those ads), or share that information with third parties, including: (a) our media partners when Your ads run in content related to that media partner; and (b) third parties whose products or services You have elected to use in connection with the ads.
If You use a service, feature, or functionality that is operated by a third party and made available through our Platform (including services we jointly offer with the third party), each party’s terms will govern the respective party’s relationship with You. Momenti and its affiliates are not responsible or liable for a third party’s terms or actions.
2. General Requirements
2.1. Targeting and Compliance.
All ads must be suitable for their selected audience in each geographic area where the ads will run. The Platform is a 13+ platform, so we will reject ads that are addressed to, or intended to appeal to, children under the age of 13. Ads must comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, rules, public order rules, industry codes, regulations, and cultural sensitivities in each geographic area where the ads will run. In addition: (i) ads for certain products or services may not be targeted on the basis of gender, age, or location; (ii) certain locations have language requirements; and (iii) as a US-based company, Momenti will not accept ads targeted to or paid for by entities in countries subject to U.S. trade sanctions or certain other U.S. export control laws.
All required disclosures, disclaimers, and warnings in ads must be clear and conspicuous, and advertisers must be accurately and clearly identified in the ad.
2.3. Privacy, Data Collection and Usage.
Ads must not state or imply knowledge of personal data, sensitive information, online activity, or the precise whereabouts of a User.
Ads may not collect or use the following prohibited information without Momenti’s prior written consent:
- Information about or revealing racial or ethnic origin;
- Information about or revealing political opinions or political affiliations;
- Information about or revealing religious or philosophical beliefs;
- Information about or revealing trade union membership status;
- Information concerning health, such as medical history, disabilities, mental or physical condition, or medical treatments;
- Information concerning a person’s sex life;
- Information concerning a person’s sexual orientation, including what gender(s) the person identifies with;
- Information about criminal allegations, arrests, proceedings or convictions of related security measures;
- Government-issued ID numbers, such as social security number, passport number, driver’s license number, or taxpayer/national identification number;
- Financial information, such as income, bank account number, net worth, credit or debit card number, tax number, CVV, credit scores, debt, financial statement, or bankruptcy status;
- Insurance information, such as insurance policy numbers or insurance coverage;
- Network identity information, such as usernames, passwords, password protection answers, or a user’s personal digital certificates;
- Account numbers, such as loyalty card numbers or frequent flyer numbers; or
- Users’ date of birth, year of birth, or exact age.
2.4. Intellectual Property
2.4.1. Infringing Content.
Ads must not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other legal rights of any person or entity. Advertisers must have all necessary rights and permissions for all elements of their ads. Ads may not feature the name, likeness (including look-alikes), voice (including sound-alikes), or other identifying features of an individual without the individual’s consent.
In addition, the following is prohibited:
- Ads for products or services principally used to infringe the intellectual property rights of others, such as those designed to bypass copyright protection mechanisms (for example, software or cable signal descramblers);
- Ads for products or services principally dedicated to selling counterfeit products, such as imitations of designer or officially-licensed products; and
- Ads for products or services with false celebrity testimonials or usage.
If You believe Your copyright, trademark, or publicity rights have been infringed by an ad served on the Platform, we encourage You to attempt to contact and resolve Your concerns with the advertiser directly. Alternatively, rightsholders and their agents can report alleged intellectual property infringement to Momenti following the Copyright Infringement Notification process provided in our Terms of Service (https://momenti.tv/legal-terms). We take all such reports seriously.
2.4.2. References to Momenti
Ads must not suggest an affiliation with or endorsement by Momenti or its products. This means that ads must not use any Momenti-owned trademarks, or copyrights or representations of the Platform user interface, nor may ads contain altered or confusingly similar variations of any Momenti-owned trademarks.
2.5. Creative Quality and Landing Page.
All ads must meet high quality and editorial standards. When reviewing ads, we apply our policies not only to the ad’s creative content, but also to the ad’s landing page or other associated elements. We reject ads with landing pages that are: (i) low quality (e.g., dead links, pages that are non-functional or not formatted for mobile phones); (ii) disruptive (e.g., unexpected user experiences, sudden loud noises, aggressive flashing); (iii) irrelevant (e.g., pages that don’t match the product or service being advertised, or that unnecessarily draw out the purchase process in order to expose the User to more and more ads); or (iv) unsafe (e.g., attempts to automatically download files or phish for User data).
3. Category-Specific Requirements and Restrictions
3.1. Adult Content.
All ads must respect the laws and cultural norms of the targeted location, even if they are stricter than the guidelines listed on this page. Ads should respect User preferences and comply with legal regulations. Some kinds of adult content in ads are allowed only if they comply with the policies below and don’t target minors, and will only show in limited scenarios based on the local laws where the ad is being served.
Adult content includes depictions of, or references, to: (i) sexual organs; (ii) other frequently-sexualized body parts (for example: butts, breasts, legs, bare abdomens); and (iii) sexual activity.
We prohibit content that is sexually explicit, including without limitation:
- Sexual solicitation of any kind;
- Depictions or graphic descriptions of genitalia in any context, exposed nipples, bare buttocks, or partially-obscured nudity;
- Depictions of, or references to, specific sex acts, in any context, including gestures that imitate a specific sex act, with or without props;
- Dating ads that emphasize casual sexual encounters;
- Sexual solicitation of any kind;
- Adult entertainment (e.g., pornography, sexual live streams, strip clubs, burlesque);
- Non-consensual sexual material (e.g., tabloids that publish leaked, private, suggestive photos); and
- Depictions of, or gratuitous references to, sexual violence (e.g., graphic movie trailers that depict sexual assault, self-defense products that describe attempted sexual assault).
We may also restrict content that is sexually suggestive (i.e., intended to provoke sexual arousal, without being explicit, e.g., references to sexual anatomy, human genitalia or non-specific sexual activity outside of a health, grooming or educational context, or that emphasizes frequently-sexualized body parts that are not relevant to the product or service). Suggestive content must be age-gated 18+ (or the age of majority in the targeted location).
We abide by local alcohol laws and industry standards, so we don’t allow certain kinds of alcohol-related advertising, both for alcohol and drinks that resemble alcohol. Some types of alcohol-related ads are allowed if they meet the policies below, don’t target minors, and target only countries that are explicitly allowed to show alcohol ads.
Ads that promote or reference alcohol must not:
- Target or be likely to appeal particularly to people under the legal drinking age in the territory where the ad will run;
- Encourage or depict excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol;
- Exploit an individual who is drunk or otherwise intoxicated;
- Glamorize alcohol, or otherwise misrepresent the effects of consuming alcohol, or imply that alcohol is necessary for success or social advancement; or
- Associate alcohol with operating a vehicle or other activities that require a certain degree of skill or physical coordination, or with any illegal behavior.
Mandatory warning labels, such as “please drink responsibly” or its local variation (if applicable) must be prominently displayed in the ad.
Ads for alcohol products must be age targeted to persons aged at least 18+, or the applicable minimum drinking age in the country to which You are advertising.
3.3. Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia.
We prohibit the depiction of illegal drug use or the recreational use of pharmaceuticals.
3.4. Tobacco Products and Smoking.
We do not display or promote tobacco, tobacco-related products such as cigars, tobacco pipes, rolling papers, or e-cigarettes, or smoking-related behavior in real life, including but not limited to alternatives that imitate the act of smoking (e.g., vaping), except in the context of public health messaging or smoking cessation.
3.5. Weapons, Ammunition and Explosives.
We prohibit ads for the promotion or sale of weapons and explosives and related accessories that are designed to cause harm to individuals. This includes firearms, ammunition, fireworks, combat knives and pepper spray.
Ads for movies, videogames, and television shows must be age-targeted to the intended audience of the content they promote.When illegal, regulated, dangerous, violent or otherwise harmful elements are presented in a fictional, newsworthy or documentary context, we will review based on appropriateness for the targeted audience and whether the fictional nature is clear enough to the User.
Advertisements for health-related products and services must only promote those products or services that have been approved by the local regulatory authorities in each of the countries targeted.
3.8. Online Pharmacy.
Ads for online pharmacies must be registered with the relevant authorities in the country in which You are advertising. For example, in the United States and Canada, online pharmacies must be verified by the National Association of Board of Pharmacies (NABP).
3.9. Prescription Medicines.
All advertisers of prescription medicines must be pre-approved by Momenti and may be required to submit proof of authorization to advertise the medicine in the applicable jurisdiction. To get started, please contact us at ([email protected]). All ads relating to prescription medicines must follow appropriate laws and industry standards. Some healthcare-related content cannot be advertised at all, while others can only be advertised if the advertiser is certified with Momenti and targets only approved countries. Check local regulations for the areas You want to target.
3.10. Over the Counter (OTC) Medicines.
All advertisers of OTC medicines must be pre-approved by Momenti and may be required to submit proof of authorization to advertise the medicine in the applicable jurisdiction. To get started, please contact us at ([email protected]). Momenti only permits targeting ads for OTC medicines in approved countries. Check local regulations for the areas You want to target.
3.11. Health and Dietary Supplements.
Health and dietary supplement advertisers must be pre-approved by Momenti and may be required to submit proof of authorization to advertise the product in the applicable jurisdiction. To get started, please contact us at ([email protected]).
Advertisers must not:
- Promote products that may present risks for consumers (such as those included in advisories by local regulatory agencies);
- Promote weight-loss supplements;
- Contain exaggerated or unrealistic claims; or
- Include “before and after” pictures related to weight loss.
Ads for health and dietary supplements must be age-targeted to persons aged at least 18+, or the applicable minimum age in the country to which You are advertising Diet and Fitness
Ads for diet and fitness products or services must not:
- Contain over-exaggerated claims or “before and after” images;
- Demean the user or shame anyone on the basis of body shape or size; or
- Mislead or inaccurately describe the qualities and characteristics of a food product, including any associated health and nutritional claims.
Ads that reference weight loss must be age-targeted to persons aged at least 18+.
Where ads for condoms are permitted, content may not depict sex acts or overly provocative imagery. See the Adult Content section for more details. Ads for condoms must be age-targeted to persons aged at least 18+, or the applicable minimum age in the country to which You are advertising.
3.13. Hormonal Contraceptives.
Hormonal contraceptives classified as medicines are subject to the foregoing policies for either prescription medicines or OTC medicines, as applicable according to country-specific requirements.
3.14. Cosmetic Products and Procedures.
Momenti does not permit targeting ads for plastic surgery or skin-lightening products or procedures. Ads for non-surgical cosmetic procedures (e.g., lip fillers, botox) must be age-targeted 18+.
3.15. Gaming, Gambling, and Lotteries.
Our ad policies regarding the promotion of Gaming and Gambling Services apply to the promotion of online casinos, brick-and-mortar casinos, lotteries, daily fantasy sports, and any product or service (including online or mobile games) that ask Users to pay to play games of chance to win prizes of value (“Gaming and Gambling Services”).
Advertisers for Gaming and Gambling Services must comply with all applicable licensing and/or registration requirements and must provide Momenti with proof of current license and/or registration. All Gaming and Gambling Services advertisers must be pre-approved by Momenti. To apply for approval, please contact us at ([email protected]).
Ads for Gaming and Gambling Services must target approved countries, have a landing page that displays information about responsible gambling, and never target minors. Check local regulations for the areas You want to target.
Ads for Gaming and Gambling Services must not:
- Target territories where the advertiser is not authorized to operate;
- Target or be likely to appeal particularly to people under the legal gambling age in the territory where the ad will run;
- Glorify gambling or misrepresent the benefits of participation; or
- Encourage individuals to play beyond their means.
Ads must not promote gambling tipster services (information about odds or offers available from gambling operators).
3.16. Financial Products and Services.
Ads for financial products and services must clearly and prominently disclose all applicable material terms and conditions to consumers prior to the submission of an application. Ads for financial products and services must comply with state and local regulations for any region or country that the ads target.
Ads for loans must disclose, among other things, APR, repayment period, fees and costs, penalties, and the contact information of the lending institution.
Ads for products intended for a limited audience should only be targeted to that audience(e.g., if a credit card offer is limited to individuals over the age of 18, the offer’s ad campaign must be age targeted to 18+).
Ads for certain complex financial products, which may include cryptocurrency wallets and trading platforms, require prior approval from Momenti.
We also prohibit:
- Get-rich-quick offers, pyramid schemes, or other deceptive or too-good-to-be-true financial offers;
- Promising guaranteed financial returns on speculative investments;
- Ads that promote particular securities or that provide or allege to provide insider tips; and
- Payday loans or predatory lending.
Ads for dating services must be age-targeted to 18+, or the legal age of majority in the location being targeted. Ads for dating services may not:
- Be overtly sexual or provocative (see Adult Content);
- Reference transactional companionship;
- Depict individuals who are, or appear to be, too young to use the service; or
- Promote or glamorize infidelity.
3.18. Telecommunication Services.
Ads for calling, SMS and VPN services must contain clear pricing and terms, and must not reference using their services illegally or in a classroom setting.
3.19. Sales to Government Entities.
Government entities must work with a Momenti sales representative and receive authorization from Momenti prior to running ads on the Platform. To apply for approval, please contact us at ([email protected]). Momenti does not accept ads submitted by, paid for by, or that promote, Russian state-owned entities.
3.20. Military Content.
Ads must not display negative content regarding the military or police symbols, sensitive military events, militarism, nor the advocating or whitewashing of war.
3.21. Political and Advocacy Advertising Policies.
The Platform empowers self-expression, including about politics, but political advertising that appears on the Platform has to be transparent, lawful, and right for our Users.
These Political and Advocacy Advertising Policies apply to all political ads served by Momenti, including election-related ads, advocacy ads, and issue ads, including:
- Ads that reference, promote, or oppose candidates or nominees for public office, political parties, or elected or appointed government officials;
- Ads that reference an election, including voter registration, voter turnout, and appeals for votes;
- Ads that include advocacy for or against past, current, or proposed referenda, ballot measures, and legislative, judicial, or regulatory outcomes or processes;
- Ads that promote or attack government policies or track records;
- Ads that reference, promote, or sell, merchandise that features prohibited individuals, entities, or content, including campaign slogans, symbols, or logos;
- Ads about ballot measures or referendums, political action committees, and ads that urge people to vote or register to vote; and
- Ads concerning issues or organizations that are the subject of debate on a local, national, or global level, or of public importance (e.g., ads about abortion, immigration, the environment, education, discrimination, and guns).
Political advertising must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including all national election laws, copyright law, defamation law, and (where applicable) Federal Election Commission regulations and state or local laws and regulations. Complying with those laws and regulations will be the sole responsibility of the advertiser. Political ads served by Momenti may not be paid for directly or indirectly by non-resident foreign nationals or entities (i.e., by people or entities that aren’t residents of the country where the ad will run).
All political advertising must include a “paid for by” message in the ad that is followed by the name of the paying person or entity. Momenti may also require a “paid for by” disclosure on ad content that links to political content, ad content for political merchandise, or in other cases in Momenti’s sole discretion. In the United States, electoral ads must state whether or not the ad was authorized by a candidate or organization, and election ads not authorized by the candidate must include contact information for the sponsoring organization.
In Canada, Momenti does not permit “partisan advertising” or “election advertising” (as defined by the Canada Elections Act, as amended from time to time (the “Act”)) purchased directly or indirectly on behalf of an eligible party, registered association, nomination contestant, potential or actual candidate, or a third party required to register under subsection 349.6(1) or 353(1) of the Act. This may include (without limitation) content that promotes or opposes any of these individuals/groups, or an issue associated with any of those individuals/groups.
Momenti will review political ads on a case-by-case basis. To get started, please contact us at ([email protected]). We reserve the right to reject, in our sole discretion, or request modifications to ads that we believe violate the standards listed above or that are otherwise inappropriate. Our discretion will never be exercised with the intent to favor or disfavor any candidate, political view, or political party. We also reserve the right to require substantiation of an advertiser’s factual claims.
Momenti may publicly display and otherwise disclose information relating to political advertising, including ad content, targeting details, delivery, spend, and other campaign information.
4. Prohibited Content
We prohibit ads that promote harassment, bullying, or shaming.
We prohibit profanity, obscenity and obscene gestures
4.3. Violent or Disturbing Content.
- Depiction of real-life graphic violence in ads;
- Content that may cause distress, such as graphic depictions of gore, physical afflictions, bodily fluids, and certain medical or cosmetic procedures; and
- The glorification of violence, including any glorification of self-harm, war, murder, abuse or animal abuse.
Landing pages that depict real-life violent or disturbing imagery may do so only in a legitimate newsworthy or documentary context, only when the ad prepares the viewer in some way, and only if appropriately age-targeted. Spooky and scary ads are permitted, but must avoid intense jump scares and audio of prolonged screaming or crying.
For fictional violence in movie trailers, video games, etc., see the Entertainment section. We also prohibit.
4.4. Deceptive Content.
We are vigilant in our enforcement against fraudulent ads. Fraud includes a range of scams and deceptive marketing practices that abuse community trust or otherwise entice Users to make purchases or engage in activities under misleading pretenses. We prohibit:
- Ads that are false or misleading, including deceptive claims, offers, functionality, or business practices;
- Unauthorized or undisclosed sponsored content;
- Promotion of fraudulent goods or services, including counterfeit documents or certificates, or counterfeit products;
- Creating or sharing content that mimics the appearance or function of the Platform’s features or formats;
- Ads that contain deceiving calls to action, or lead to landing pages unrelated to the brand or content being advertised;
- Cloaking, otherwise restricting landing page access, or modifications to URL content following submission in an attempt to circumvent review;
- Ads that encourage dishonest behavior (e.g., ads for fake IDs, plagiarism, essay writing services); and
- Non-delivery of goods, or misrepresented shipping delays or inventory constraints.
4.5. Hate Speech, Hate Groups, Terrorism and Violent Extremism.
Momenti’s community includes diverse Users from all over the world. To foster a welcoming platform, we prohibit hateful, discriminatory, or extremist content that undermines our commitment to safety and inclusion.
Hate speech is content that demeans, defames, or promotes discrimination or violence on the basis of race, color, caste, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, immigration status, socio-economic status, age, weight or pregnancy status. Ads may not perpetuate stereotypes based on any of the foregoing categories.
We strive to maintain an inclusive community for all Users. Ads should avoid inappropriate use of culturally-sensitive imagery, including without limitation content that discriminates or harasses, or encourages discrimination, harassment, or hate speech against protected groups, individuals, or organizations based on protected personal characteristics, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, family status, medical or genetic condition, or any other categories listed above.
4.6. Illegal Activity.
We prohibit ads that facilitate or encourage illegal activity, conduct, products, or enterprises, including without limitation ads that:
- depict illegal drug use; or
- promote the illegal wildlife trade, or products and services derived from endangered or threatened species.
4.7. Dangerous Activities.
Ads should not encourage or enlist participation in dangerous or harmful activities (e.g., using the Platform while driving).
5. Advertising Inquiries
For more information about how to launch and manage an ad campaign on the Platform, or how to troubleshoot the ad review process, please contact us at ([email protected]).